Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled dog banned from family holiday prize
The show Saturday Night Takeaway gave out the prize of a family vacation to volunteers who appeared in the shows live audience. 
Tammy Fox runs the group Pumpkin and Friends to raise awareness about disabled animals. She appeared on the show and won a family holiday. 
Th only problem is that she can't bring her disabled dog, Pumpkin.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/12767052/para...-takeaway/

Think about it, she is only on the show because of her charity work for disabled pets. Her group is named for her dog Pumpkin.
Going on a vacation without pumpkin goes against everything her charity stands for. She wouldn't have won if it were not for pumpkin. 
Asking her to leave the dog behind is just not acceptable. It is situations like this that are the reasons a group like Pumpkin and Friends is needed.
Saturday Night Takeaway needs to come up with a solution that works for Pumpkin.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The problem is that UK airlines do not allow dogs in the cabin on flights (except for officially registered guide dogs). The obvious solution would be for the TV show to offer an alternative holiday (either in the UK, or involving a ferry trip overseas rather than a plane).

You are right. They could easily have substituted a different holiday. I am sure Tammy Fox and Pumpkin would have been happy with any holiday they could enjoy together.

I am surprised that UK airlines do not allow dogs in the cabins in special circumstances. Pumpkin is disabled so he does need special consideration.
Catherine

Yes, it is a silly rule.

FYI, Eurostar does does not allow dogs (except officially registered guide dogs) on their trains (under the English Channel), but Eurotunnel does allow dogs! The latter allows them because the dogs travel in their humans' cars, which are driven on to special trains.

I have taken Puce and Forgy on the Eurotunnel in the past. It is good that humans and their furry companions are not separated and can stay in the car for the short crossing (35 minutes)

Good for Eurotunnel. They give dogs and people a chance to travel together. I am sure Forgy appreciates not being separated from you.

That means they could have set up a nice vacation using Eurotunnel that would have allowed Pumpkin to travel with his people. I think Saturday Night Takeaway needs to make this right. It would be a good chance to highlight the needs of travelling dogs and in particular travelling dogs with handicaps.
Catherine