Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Lambert
My little Lambert has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and rejoined his family. As much as it is beautiful to think of them as reunited, we miss him here. So it is a good time to remember Lambert's origins.

He was at the pet store as a baby guinea pig and his eye got hurt. I took him home for them. We healed his eye, but it did have a scar so he stayed with me. He was such a little baby.
[Image: IMG_1440.JPG]
Right from the first day Pigbert and Lily adpted him as their own.
[Image: IMG_1449.JPG]
Mama Lily
[Image: IMG_1451.JPG]
Daddy Pigbert
[Image: IMG_1454.JPG]
Lambert was right in there eating like one of the big piggies
[Image: IMG_1506.JPG]
He felt safe and loved right from the start
[Image: IMG_1503.JPG]
He climbed up on the spare towels and had fun bringing them down
[Image: IMG_1494.JPG]
He grew surrounded by love
[Image: IMG_1553.JPG]
Before we knew it, he was as big as his "parents" and he had long hair
[Image: IMG_1864.JPG]
Still surrounded by love, but a full grown pig
[Image: IMG_2778.JPG]
He was very pretty.
[Image: IMG_2797.JPG]
Here he is at bath time with the whole family and the little pink baby is his new son Rosebert.
[Image: IMG_2952.JPG]
He was always close to his mom
[Image: IMG_2966.JPG]
He was close to Rosebert who formed a new family with Lambert when the old piggies died.
[Image: IMG_2953.JPG]

Knowing Lambert as the senior pig these last years, it is sometimes hard to remember the sweet little baby he was. He was raised surrounded by love and he passed that on to the family he formed with Rosebert, Norbert and later Robbie and Murray.
Different Piggies, the same circle of love and sharing
[Image: IMG_9971.JPG]
Boys together
[Image: IMG_9992.JPG]
Heart
[Image: IMG_0025.JPG]
Murray is going to miss him
[Image: IMG_0028.JPG]
Lambert, a life well lived.
[Image: IMG_0034.JPG]

We all miss you.Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a sweet little boy, and what lovely pictures. I am glad you told his story, as now I feel I know him a little bit. It's nice to see how happy he is with his family. I am sure they miss him very much. Maybe he comes back to see them in their dreams.....
He might.

Even though Misty showed me they all cross over after they leave their bodies behind, are healed and happy there (which was a great surprise for me to find out!) -even knowing all that doesn't stop me missing her here, and our happy life together.

There will always be a Lambert-shaped gap. But there will be happy memories too, and lots of smiles, and knowing that you and the other Piggies made his life a full and happy one.

Loving and befriending these gentle Souls brings out the grace that is inside us.
Just going back and looking at his baby pictures reminded me of how he had a happy life surrounded by love. The adults who raised him were all rescues and having Lambert brought love and joy into their lives. Love just seems to spread from on to another.

Lambert lived a loving life as a baby and he created a happy space for his son and step son. Robbie and Murray were distressed when I got them and Lambert brought peace and love to them.

I feel like the Spirit of Pigbert and the others stayed with Lambert and hopefully Lambert's spirit will stay with the boys now.

If nothing else he will want to come back to see his Big Box of Hay.Smiley4
Catherine

Ha ha! I bet he will too! That BIG BOX OF HAY sounded too good to miss.
It even started to make me excited! LOL
I used to play in hay when I was a little kid. We made dens out of hay (the farmer probably hated us....)

I like Lambert's tendency to Punk style in his mid-years.

Misty's friend Jet was attached to the "Mullet" hairstyle. That didn't put her off him.
Delightful photos, Catherine. A very fitting tribute, and I am sure that you will often come back to this thread to remember what you wrote and to look at the photos. Run free on the astral, dear Lambert, in the company of your friends and family.
I am trying to answer this from my phone. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I felt better for looking up the pictures and remembering Lambert's life. He really had a life filled with love.
Yes, he did go with a punk hair style and it was cute.. I am the one who cut his long hair. He liked it shorter. The girls never minded. I can see why Misty liked the haircut on her friend.

I just got sad news that Lambert's daughter died last week. The whole family is being reunited. Penny was a pretty girl and she boarded with me many times.
Catherine

That's strange, that Penny should go last week, just before Lambert. Especially as she was younger, you'd think that she would have lived longer....
Maybe she went to be with him and vice-versa.
Penny's mother, Miss Charlie, the black piggie, died when she was three. Penny had four babies and we know that the three girls are gone. Miss Iain dies at two years old when Lily died. She just turned her face into the corner and quit living. I never managed to get her interested in life again.
Guinea pigs are strange like that. If one goes, sometimes you lose others. When Pigbert died, Frodo was gone a month later. That is how bonded they get. I am hoping that Robbie and Murray are enough to keep Rosebert and Norbert going. I think the fact that there are four of them should help.
Catherine

A wonderful photographic tribute to a special boy.
How tiny he was when he first arrived, and what a spectacular piggy he grew into. And what a huge hole he leaves behind, but what lovely memories too.

I'm sure there is a huge party going on there with all the animals that have passed.

I found that piggies in a group cope better with a loss than if they are left alone. Annie coped Ok when we lost Cappy and then Latte. It was obvious that she missed them but she took solace in the remaining piggies. But when Ethel went and she was alone it was heartbreaking. She needed piggy company. I have always said that I wouldn't replace the piggies as they left us, but seeing Annie so lonely, even with piggies either side of her, made it an easy decision to find her a new friend.

Take comfort in your other animals, they are always a consolation and they appreciate your sadness at the loss.
It's the price we pay for all the love and affection given and received. Life would be much the poorer without our animal companions.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank-you. It seems so strange to not see him in his usual place. No one sleeps in his spot yet, but Robbie has started standing where he did for meals. You are right, as a group they are coping. They miss him, but they have each other.
I am glad he was never sick. When the end came it was quick and he had a brief time when he wasn't fully himself. He had a good life and a healthy life, surrounded by friends. Now he is with his family. I am sure they missed him. I am hoping I can bury him with them, There is room and I do need to replace a shrub in that spot. I made a garden spot of my guinea pig burial area.

He really was such a tiny baby when I got him. He was barely 4 weeks old and still very much a baby. He just took to the older piggies and let them parent him. He brought joy to their lives. They loved having a baby around. In every way his life made others happy and he was happy in return. He is missed, but he leaves a lot of good memories.
Catherine