Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reptiles are smarter than we thought!
Thumbs Up 
First let me say that I always thought they were smart.
Now it seems that scientists agree with me.

I notice that they worked with Bearded dragons. They are too clever, I should know I have lived with beardies for over ten years.
http://phys.org/news/2014-09-evidence-re...ation.html

I can understand a beardie learning to open a door to get food. It takes a smart beardie to learn to open a door from watching another beardie do it...to get food. They like to eat!

Beardies would make great test subjects. As long as the meal worms keep coming they are willing to cooperate.Smiley4
They are smart that way.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't blame the Beardies! If someone kept giving me dinner, I would be willing to open any doors they liked! haha!

Yes they are intelligent, and it's good we don't underestimate them.
I wouldn't even guess at snake intelligence. I have no idea how to test it or measure it or even recognize it. I just know that some of them are smarter than others. Old Earl is smarter than his young son and you would expect that from something that has intelligence and learns.

Beardies may be the smartest although they say the whole monitor family is more intelligent. That includes Komodo dragons. The Savannah Monitors do become very tame/bonded and work well with people.

Most creatures are smarter than we generally give them credit for.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine