Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats are loyal too!
Cleo found her way to her elderly caretaker who had been taken to a nursing home....
Goodness knows how she knew where to go -but she did, and stuck around.

https://www.thedodo.com/cat-tracks-down-...desktoprss
Cats are remarkable and mysterious. Cleo in true feline fashion did the unexpected in a way that can't be explained.
No one has ever explained how cats can find people and places when they want to. Clearly Cleo wanted to find the old lady. How wonderful that she showed so much loyalty. Of course the old lady took her in as a stray and made her feel better. Now Cleo has gone to the old lady to make her last days more happy.

I wish I knew how they do it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A wonderful story. What pleases me is that the old people's home allowed the lady to keep the cat. Many do not allow pets, but this one is clearly much more enlightened and realises the benefits for the elderly person and the pet.
That is a good point about the nursing home. It is so sad that people are forced to give up their pets when they need nursing home care. For a person who has loved animals all their life, it would be a devastating loss.
The nursing home was both caring and wise. They gave a cat a home and they gave the old lady peace.
Catherine

Amazing, yes cats are loyal to owner as well and the old lady story is touching.
Cats often surprise us when they do special things like this, but I think cats do a great many special things.

Years ago(many years) I was not well and I was home alone for some time. I had three cats and there was always a cat sitting on me. It really helped my recovery. I became aware that they were looking after me in shifts. I had a cat on my lap and another one came up and meowed. The cat on my lap got down and went to eat and the other one jumped into my lap. They kept it up until I was well.Heart
Catherine