Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Shih Tzu

Seems like I'm always finding dogs and it's true.

Saturday at 1:30pm I found an intact male toy Shih Tzu. Around 4-5yrs no chip and no collar.
He is about the cutest thing ever. I have people lining up to take him off my hands and rightly so. He is house broken, crate trained, knows sit, speak, comes when called anything... puppy, teddy bear, Wilson, baby, booger... when he walks off I'll say where's my teddy bear and hear he comes running. He's loves everyone dogs, cats, people he doesn't care. He doesn't leave your side. Love to play. Loves to cuddle. Very calm.
As of now he is staying with my neighbor who will keep him if after he gets neutered he gets along with their current dog. If she still doesn't warm up to him he's going to my boyfriends parents to stay. There are only about 15 other people who have asked if they can keep him.
He is so cute. He looks like a fuzzy toy. You are right, dogs seem to find you.
How can someone lose a dog like that and not be looking for him?
How could someone not microchip the little guy so he can find his way home.
There will be a lot of disappointed people if the owner shows up. Of course you will want to know how he could get lost in the first place.
He looks like he is in good shape.

I like the name Wilson or maybe Willie. Teddy Bear is cute as well. How about Muffin. He is the cutest little muffin of a dog ever.

Keep us posted. I want to know where he ends up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think we royally screwed up finding a home for him. He had stayed at my boyfriends parents house Sunday night and at the vet Monday night. I went back to get him in the morning and kept him then went next door to see if they would be interested in him. Well I let them keep him to see if he would get along with their other Shih Tzu. That night I got a call from my boyfriends mom saying they wanted the dog. And now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because now the neighbors were going to keep him. I've been going over to see him but I'm not seeing the relationship with their other dog get any better. They said they would give him up if she didn't warm up to him but I'm beginning to think they wont now. And I feel horrible about the whole situation. I don't want them to keep him and their other dog be miserable. It's not fair to either dog. Especially when there's another family that wants him.
You have worked so hard for this little boy Libby, bless you. It will work out I am sure....keep going.
It is SO important that he would get along with another dog he was living with (and vice-versa) If the neighbour's dog can't get on with him, then that doesn't sound quite right for him.

I am horrified by people who just dump dogs. But I have just been reading about Gladno Polje dog shelter in Bosnia....and nothing can be much worse than it is for dogs in that country. I am in tears. So this little Shih Tzu guy has some good hopes for the future, and it's great you are helping him!
I am glad the little guy is doing okay. That is a bit of a mix-up as far as his forever home goes.

I think the two dogs would show signs of hitting it off right from the start if they were going to get along. You do want it to be better than them just tolerating each other.
How long have the two dogs been together?

Would he be an only dog at your boyfriend's parents place? Would he want to be an only dog?

Has the dog shown signs of liking one person more than another? Where do you think he wants to live? I think your instinct would be right on. You must have a gut feeling about it(if all the other issues of neighbour vs. boyfriend are ignored).
Keep us posted. I am glad the little guy is popular.
Catherine

It is difficult for you, Libby, but you are doing your best. Ay least this dog is wanted by two families, whereas many are wanted by nobody.....
He loves everyone and is happy anywhere with people or dogs. My dogs wanted to play with him when I had him and that was after just a few minutes of being introduced. He's been with them since Monday but I haven't seen him since Thursday. The other dog was still just tolerating him and he wants to play so bad but she just wont. Someone keeps telling them that it could be because he hasn't been fixed. But My dogs didn't have a problem with him. I'm going to tell them that if she still isn't playing with him that I don't think she every will. Even after he gets fixed. Either home he would have someone home with him almost all the time.

However he got groomed the other day and they said it had probably been 6 months or more since his nails had been trimmed. His paws also smelled awful. So I'm officially calling him dumped.
It sounds as if she will not necessarily grow to accept him. Dogs -and presumably other animals too- have their distinct likes and dislikes when it comes to others, just as we do.
If you have had the dog a reasonable number of days and no one has tried to find him, and he appears to be neglected, you can consider him dumped and available for adoption.

If the other dog doesn't like, him he would be better with the other people. It would always be a tension to live with another pet that doesn't warm up to you. It would make it harder for the people adopting him.
As an only dog he would be happy and they can always get a second dog if they want one(both families).

I bet he is really cute after grooming.Heart
Catherine

I haven't undated in a while. Well Scarlet grew to love him and they play all the time now. They named him Tinker. I call him Stinker though. He's all cleaned up now. I need to go take some pictures of him and show off how good he looks now.

My Boyfriend's mom, who was the other person interested in him, died very unexpectedly back in November so it's almost better that he ended up where he did. Things just started to calm back down so it would have been hard on Tinker had they taken him.