Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against all odds...helping dogs in Bosnia
I suppose you could go door to door. Do you do that in England? It is still a custom here. Certain groups come around at certain times of the year so you know to expect them.

I hope you have success with this. They certainly could use your help.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(10-30-2014, 12:11 AM)LPC Wrote: Good luck with the collection, Tobi. To protect your confidentiality I won't state full town names, but I assume you mean the Tesco's in Gla.....

Would the Tesco's in S...M... be too far? Is Aldi too small? Perhaps they would permit a collection table in the car park? Just a few ideas - but of course I don't know your area that well, I only Googled about a certain festival and nearest supermarkets, LOL!

No problem LPC. I am beyond caring in many ways....

Well, I had to submit two in writing. That was Sainsbury's and Morrisons. I haven't heard back from them yet, and I wrote an excellent letter.
The Tesco store in Shepton Mallet is my next strike. And there is one in Wells! Wheeee!
I would so love to do them all.
I spoke to the AWABosnia website lady and she gave me permission to quote from their website & use pictures. So I have all that ready to print out.

Door-to-door would be okay....I'm not sure how I stand on that legally....but I think a town centre position would be great.
I hope you find a way to fundraise. I know door to door is legal here, but you should check your area. The best would be busy areas. How about public street corners in busy areas.
Catherine

Well I might be wrong but have a feeling it would depend on the property owner or manager, and in the street as such might not be allowed here. If a supermarket gives permission for some event it's on their private land so to speak. It might be possible to get permission from the church to set up outside there in the High Street, by the war monument but it would have to be a day when it wasn't raining (hard to book in advance!)....I might ask.

Can't do it at my house because it's too remote and not enough people pass by. Sometimes not even one person a day! (Foxes and Badgers might be willing to support the dogs in Bosnia...(?) LOL)
I am sure the foxes and badgers would be willing to help, but they are not much for money. I am sure you will find a solution. There must be some place that would be good for you and available when you need it.
What about approaching the schools. Could you talk to a classroom and have them do a fundraising project.
Catherine