Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs attending weddings
It seems that it is a new trend to have your dog as part of your wedding.

http://assets.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content...jpg?7ecf8a

I can see why couples would do it. Their dog really is important in their lives. After all, you invite the cousin you never see and don't like anyhow. Why wouldn't you want to share your wedding day with your other Significant Other. I am sure the dogs have fun. Dogs love people and they know something important is happening.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dogs and weddings...why ever not? I'm sure they will be as well behaved (or otherwise) as children! Dogs know when people are happy and having fun, and there's a party going on but they do like to scrounge food!
As long as everyone doesn't mind that -great idea! And there is a rule not to feed the dog (human food which could be toxic) -and someone remembers the dog needs an outside break every now and again.....

Our dog went to my husband's funeral.

Every year for ages I was invited to a very posh ball. I had waited since the age of 3 to go to a ball like that (Viennese waltzes, etc)
I never went because there was no one to look after Misty for one day and one night. One day I wrote to the man who organised the ball and asked him if my dog could come too! I told him how lovely she was and how very good and charming.
I never ever heard from them again!
LOLOL!
(No chance of going without her!)
        (Click to enlarge). Dearest Puce attended the wedding of my older son. She went in the church (my daughter-in-law is nominally Catholic), was in the photos, had ribbons on her harness, went on the tractor-drawn wedding trailer around the village and even ate with us (suitable food only)!
What great photos LPC! Thank goodness dear Puce got to enjoy the occasion as well. She certainly does look as if she's enjoying herself. The yellow ribbons she's wearing look very jolly. It's good that she stayed on board the wedding trailer and didn't decide to jump off!
I once offered Misty a ride on a small cart I was returning (on foot) after transporting logs in it. Misty didn't like the movement and leapt down.
There were yellow, green and white ribbons, but they don't show very clearly.
Puce was the perfect addition to the wedding party. I bet the wedding was more fun because of Puce. Dogs make people smile.

Quote:Every year for ages I was invited to a very posh ball. I had waited since the age of 3 to go to a ball like that (Viennese waltzes, etc)
I never went because there was no one to look after Misty for one day and one night. One day I wrote to the man who organised the ball and asked him if my dog could come too! I told him how lovely she was and how very good and charming.
I never ever heard from them again!
LOLOL!
(No chance of going without her!)

His loss and I am sure if there were no dogs at this ball it was not that much fun anyhow.
I once attended a political dinner(not totally formal, but fancy enough) and across the room I could swear I saw a couple with a guinea pig. As soon as I could I went over and yes, it was a piggie. He just had dental surgery and needed to be hand fed continuously. They needed to be at this dinner. No one questioned their right to do this because he was our computer genius. I admired them for doing this.

I am sure Misty would have behaved very well at the ball and everyone would have wanted to see her.
Catherine

Misty would have behaved impeccably and captured hearts. She liked that sort of music too. We often danced to Viennese waltzes and ballet music! As there were Canapes on the agenda at midnight, of course I would have had to hang a big gold star round her neck to say "Please don't feed me. I already had my dinner."
I would have had to hide some dog biscuits in my ball gown pockets! LOL!

I am glad the people took the Guinea Pig to a ball! What a brilliant solution.
They were people who had their priorities right. They needed to be at the dinner, but they were not going to neglect their piggie.

The pet food store near me has some very special dog treats that look like little cakes and cookies. They are sweet and some have carob, so they are definitely treats. If you were having a party or big event you could have these on hand and the dog could be fed with the human guests. I am sure if you labelled them right it would work out.

It would prevent the dog from getting unsuitable human food.

It seems that Misty had good taste in music. I think we would have been very good friends had we ever met.
Catherine