Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals Australia--the fight against live export
Animals Australia, a very dedicated group, is fighting the live export of Australian animals to the middle east where they are killed in brutal ways during festivals. (not much of a festival for the animals is it)

They have been campaigning for years and this time they are really pushing to get the message to the public.
http://www.animalsaustralia.org/appeal/e...1415159662

I wish them every success with their campaign.
It seems public opinion may be the most powerful tool ever in bringing about change.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, and the Noble Knight mentioned that the EU is also exporting live animals, as well. See http://www.ciwf.org.uk/our-campaigns/liv...-transport

The suffering from arduous long journeys is bad enough; but there is also the issue of how the poor creatures will be killed in the Middle East and Asia. Many countries do not have adequate rules about the procedures for slaughtering.
I am very glad Animals Australia is supporting this cause. We have got to stop treating our sisters and brothers of a different species this badly!
I ask that everyone who does brutal things to animals will be given even just one moment of Soul bonding with one of a different species. That is what will change the world.
In the meantime, we need people and organisations like Animals Australia -and others, to help.
I did not know that Europe was sending live imports to the middle east. I think shipping live animals to slaughter over long distances is cruel anyhow. They are not properly cared for. Too many die in transit.

They seem to have no laws about animal slaughter in some places. It is very brutal.

I am just so impressed with the work that Animals Australia is doing. They have been going after many issues and have had some successful campaigns. I hope this one works.
Catherine

Animals Australia do wonderful work in highlighting these barbaric practices. Some of the videos they've acquired of maltreatment of the poor animals ... Makes 'If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls' look positively tame - and that's saying something.

A disproportionate number of slaughterhouse workers in the West are Muslim, who recite the halal prayer before slitting the animal's throat. (Under Western law the animal is supposed to be stunned beforehand, though it makes you wonder...) so I fail to see the reason for live export.

Governments and the farmers know what they are party to, but money talks, and when money talks over morals, then the rot has really set in.

Utterly shameful.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
There is no need to ship live anymore. We have refrigeration and fast transportation.
As to how an animal is slaughtered, the only thing that should matter is cruelty free and humane. All other issues are not important.

The people who are willing to work in animal slaughter are not the kind and humane types. You wouldn't do it and I wouldn't do it. I think we have a basic problem. Slaughter in the middle east is particularly brutal and that must stop. However slaughter in so called civilized countries is not good either because the people willing to do it are not governed by gentleness and compassion. How can we make this better?
Catherine