Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman takes 'fur coat' home....
....And it becomes her companion instead!

Natalia Gaintseva couldn't bear the idea of the beautiful black fox being killed to make her special fur coat. Instead she bought the fox, intending to set her free.
It turned out that release into the wild was inadvisable, so Natalia took the fox to her own home instead, to live as an animal companion. I hope the fox would be able to adapt to the new life... She had spent all her life up to that point in a cage at the fur farm.

http://www.care2.com/causes/woman-choosi...stead.html

And there's something about this story here too:
http://furbearerdefenders.com/blog/woman...fox-as-pet
This is incredible. This woman actually looked at her future fur coat and couldn't do it. Good for her for having the courage to say no to a coat and for realizing that if she just walked away the fox would die for someone else's coat.

It is wonderful that she brought the fox home to save its life. I am astounded that she was able to make a pet of it. Maybe animal in fur farms hove more potential for rescue than we realize. When you look at the picture of her holding the fox you can see that he is a big baby.
He likes being a pet.

What a powerful story this is. I hope it changes people's thinking about the whole fur industry.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great find, Tobi! Yes, foxes can make good pets. Of course, their true home is in the wild. But if they have never known life in the wild, or are injured and taken into human care for a long period, then they can and do adapt to life with humans. There is quite a lot on the net about it. But the article you found is a really good example. The photo of the lady cuddling the fox is delightful.
A delightful story. Any animal can love, but first we humans must open our hearts and show love ourselves. [A great spiritual lesson...]
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I just think it is wonderful that she looked at the animal and saw a life that she did not want to take. He is a big fox. Our red foxes are much smaller(I think). On some level he must know that she saved his life and gave him a future. It is beautiful to see.Heart
Catherine

Yes, foxes are not stupid, and they are capable of a lot of love and loyalty.

Our red foxes seem smaller too....maybe it's because we usually encounter them at a distance....Or maybe they are smaller.
Foxes do seem rather clever. After the life he had, life in a loving home must have been a constant source of joy. Just sleeping in a clean bed instead of a dirty wire cage would be a joy to a fox since they are clean creatures. I hope they have a long and happy time together.

I think the dark foxes are larger. Our little red ones are like yours, quite small. The white Arctic Foxes are even smaller. They are almost cat sized, or they look that way to me.
Catherine