Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zaboomafo Lemur has died
Jovian the Zaboomafo Lemur has died at the age of 20.Smiley19

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/jovian-the-l...-1.2832381

He was a wonderful creature and the show did a lot to teach children about animals.
It sounds like he had a good life and he will be much missed, especially by the adults who knew him when they were children.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It does sound as though he helped to teach a lot of people about animals. What a long and productive life he lead. I'm sure he will be sorely missed.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
There are a lot of adults who knew him as children who have a love of animals because of his show. If I remember correctly the theme song was "Each animal is a friend of mine". They didn't just show the usual cute animals. They showed some of everything.

I sure hope the show lives on in reruns and You Tube.
Catherine

Oh I am sorry he has passed away. I suppose he was well-known. I haven't heard of him before. Was he quite well-known in Canada? Maybe on television there?
I have no television at all any more, so do miss a lot. Used to watch catch-up, but it hasn't been loading properly. But I will look out for the re-runs on YouTube, and if I find any will post links. However, YouTube has taken off so many videos that used to be there even in 2012 and 2013!
The show was on USA television(so it played in Canada) years ago.
The main theme was, Each Animal is a Friend of Mine. The Lemur was with the co-hosts all through each episode, so he was important to the show.

I am not happy to hear that You Tube removes videos. I guess I thought You Tube was forever.

I don't really have TV either. I can get stuff through my computer in different ways, but I usually am not able to sit and watch at the time most shows are on. Most stuff isn't worth watching anyhow.
Catherine