Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPR for dogs
Very good! Both videos are enough to teach the method. I am trained to do CPR on humans, now I think I could manage CPR on a dog.

The newer guidelines are recommending more compressions not less. The second video said 15 compressions-2breaths. However there was a message when I watched it that said 30 compressions-2 breaths.
I think the longer cycle of compressions increases the chances of restarting the heart and if it doesn't it circulated the oxygenated blood further.

The first dog was awake and playing "dead". He was a real star. T I think the second dog was a CPR model dog. When she breather into the dog the chest wall rose. You couldn't do that with a live dog. The CPR models are very good. The human on is called Annie. I have worked on a baby model. It would be good to have a chance to try the technique on the model. I always wonder if I would do it right. I am sure most of us would do a good enough job if we have to.

Thank-you for the post. I suspect the method works on other animals with a little adaption.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
CPR for dogs - by Tobi - 12-06-2014, 05:08 AM
RE: CPR for dogs - by LPC - 12-06-2014, 05:30 AM
RE: CPR for dogs - by Tobi - 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: CPR for dogs - by Catherine - 12-06-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: CPR for dogs - by Tobi - 12-10-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: CPR for dogs - by Catherine - 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM