Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Animal Shelter Garden
Thank-you. I have loved working on the garden. I noticed a lot of insects and birds enjoying the garden. In particular I saw fledglings being fed by their mothers. It has become a life filled green space and it is bright and cheerful as well.

The rooftop container garden has just become my responsibility. The area is enclosed so they can let cats out there. They take whole litters of kittens out and give them some playtime.
The trees need to be trimmed so cats can't climb out and get on the roof.

I put the mint in one of the smaller containers so it can't spread anywhere else. Catnip would be great. I hope I can get some plants.
I need herbs and things that are cat friendly, but hopefully edible by the shelter guinea pigs. It is too late to plant from seed this year, but next spring I can plant lettuce and spinach and a whole lot of veggies. I want flowers as well. It should look pretty and it should be fragrant. It is hot and sunny so I can grow herbs that I can't grow in my own shade garden at home. I think Basil and Marjoram would be a pleasant addition. I am going to check out the garden centre and see what is still available.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Animal Shelter Garden - by Catherine - 07-04-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: The Animal Shelter Garden - by Tobi - 07-05-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: The Animal Shelter Garden - by Catherine - 07-05-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: The Animal Shelter Garden - by Tobi - 07-06-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: The Animal Shelter Garden - by Catherine - 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM