Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking my snakes to a street festival
It was a beautiful day and just as busy. Thousands of people came by to see the snakes. Some came back again from Saturday.
David, my biggest corn snake stole the show(the corn snake part). All the snakes were popular, but everybody loved David.

[Image: IMG_9945.JPG]
This is David. The darker snake is Raven his mate. I didn't bring her because she isn't as strong. David is a strong outgoing snake and he likes public events.

[Image: IMG_8753.JPG]
This is Desert Sand(Sandi) and people loved his colour.

[Image: IMG_9369.JPG]
The pink one is Iceman. We went for a walk down the length of the festival and people kept stopping me to talk about him. They all wanted to touch him and be photographed with him. He enjoyed his day very much.

It was fun and exciting, but it was also a wonderful time to talk about animals and encourage people to treat them right. I was able to talk about ecology and conservation at the same time as I was showing people my pretty snakes. Some of them listened.
I encouraged people to treat our wild snakes with respect and leave them in peace.
It was worth the long hours and tired feet(and a bit of sun burn) to reach so many people. I spoke to a lot of young children and I encouraged them to be kind to animals.
I am going to sleep well tonight, but it was worth every minute.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking my snakes to a street festival - by Catherine - 08-24-2015, 04:32 PM