The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests against African hunting Show
There is an African Hunting show being held this weekend just north of Toronto. Venders are hoping to sell hunting trips and animal kills.
The show has had to move its location twice, once at the last minute. The venue owners received so many protests from animal activists that they cancelled the controversial show.

Right now a group of dedicated protestors are outside the current location chanting:  THERE IN NO EXCUSE
                                                                                                                          FOR ANIMAL ABUSE

Every time I put on the news they play a clip of the protestors chanting.

Hunting shows may find that they have trouble booking locations for shows. No Venue wants to be involved in a controversial issue. I don't blame them for making a booking. It is off season and they need the money. However it is now clear that a hunting show is not worth the money. They stand to lose to much in the long run. They could find their venue on a boycott list for animal rights groups.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...-ED3DbUlmA

http://www.yorkregion.com/community-stor...-protests/

This is the first event like this in the area since the death of Cecil the lion at the hands of a dentist/killer. I think Cecil has become the lion we think of when we want to protest. Being vaguely against trophy hunting is good. Better is to know that we are against hunting because no other animal should die like Cecil.

Cecil lives on in our hearts.

My  24 hour news station is mentioning the protest every 15 minutes. They play clips of the protest and they have interviewed the protest leader. This is great publicity. At no point are the hunters being seen as good guys.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Protests against African hunting Show - by Catherine - 01-17-2016, 05:01 AM