The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Abuser sentenced to give DNA sample
You may remember the case of a dog found behind a an Ontario shopping centre with its neck, snout and paws bound with electrical tape. It was deliberately left to die slowly.

The man has been found guilty. The two year jail sentence isn't much, but the 25 year ban on having a pet is pretty good.
The real victory for animals  is the fact that the man has to give a DNA sample. The judge recognizes that the man is dangerous. He may hurt other animals, he may move on to hurting people, but it is dangerous. Leaving a dog to die like that is not a trivial crime. 
This is a big step. That DNA will stay on file. The message is that abusing an animal will have permanent consequences for the abuser.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/wi...-1.3433980

I know it is being argued as a civil rights violation, but I think when you commit a serious crime like animal abuse you have given up some of your rights by your own actions.  I just wish the sentence was longer than two years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Animal Abuser sentenced to give DNA sample - by Catherine - 02-08-2016, 02:52 PM