Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On trial for giving water to pigs bound for slaughter
This is a crazy situation. It is legal to transport pigs in extreme heat without water. It is illegal to give those pigs water.
Is that crazy or what!

Toronto Pig Save is great. They are providing a presence, they are challenging people to care about animals. I see them once in a while when I am on my way to work. I always stop and talk and encourage them in what they are doing.

This trial has given the whole issue much needed publicity. It is hard for Anita to be charged like that and it will be worse if she is convicted, but it has people thinking. Most people don't know that animals are transported like that. This will force them to know.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...124&at=dt0

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/6...r-to-pigs/

I am so overwhelmed by the absurdity of the situation that I had stopped thinking about what actually happened.
The truck driver already had an attitude towards the protestors. He knows what he is doing to the animals is wrong so he has to be clear in his mind that it is okay to treat pigs that way because they are just pigs.  I think many people who work in the "meat" industry have the same attitude. They have to see the animals as things to be used so they can feel okay about using them.

I hope the truck driver keeps the same language and attitude in court. It is clear that he created the incident. All Anita was doing was giving water to the pigs. I guess when you make a living being cruel to animals it is easy to be rough and rude towards people.
A nice person wouldn't drive a truck of pigs to a slaughterhouse.

Now we need to get nice people to stop eating the pigs. That is the only way to stop this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: On trial for giving water to pigs bound for slaughter - by Catherine - 08-26-2016, 01:08 PM