Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions
A tragedy - but one that was avoidable, it would seem. I do not doubt the sincerity of the grief of the owner and employees, but steps could have been taken much earlier to solve the problem.

Is it cold already in early September in Canada, Catherine? I know little about Canadian climate and weather, but I'm sure that you will know about weather conditions in Saskatoon.

The telling point for me, though, is this part from the article:

"The windowless upper floor room housing the large dogs often heats heats up, but not like it was last night,” said the employee.

This not a refuge, working in difficult conditions on a limited budget. It is a commercial business, taking money from people to care for their dogs. If they are charging money, the dogs should not be in a windowless room without outside ventilation. That sounds more like a prison.

Here is what their own website claims:

"Our city location is in Sutherland in Saskatoon. It has 3 unique spacious parks for your pup which allows for indoor and outdoor play. This location also has on-site grooming and veterinary services. The dogs are under constant supervision and enjoy playing with our staff and furry friends." (Source: http://playfulpawspetcenter.com )

The facts do not sit easily with their website claims....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions - by LPC - 09-11-2016, 05:47 PM