Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions
They are not cheap and they are not friendly. That is a long list of rules and requirements. They seem to take no responsibility for any injury to the dogs. They won't let you visit your pet. That to me is a red flag.

So, for  $30.00 they put the dog in a kennel with food you provide and some water and then the staff go home and leave the dog unattended. So you just paid $30.00 for a bowl of water.

It sounds like a very cold and uncaring place. No wonder they went home and left animals to die.

Yes these kinds of places are poorly regulated in Canada (and probably most other countries). Sadly our human daycares are not well regulated either. Neither are our seniors homes. There have been deaths, but no changes even seem to take place.

I wonder if in this case they can get them with a kind of criminal negligence charge. They may have to approach it as a loss of property issue. The service dog cost $30,000.00.   If they cannot get them with criminal charges they can hit them with a civil suit for "damages" and loss of property. They might be able to go after them for false advertising. They imply that the dogs will be supervised.

I think there are good dog facilities out there, but the bad ones need to be taught a lesson.

Dog owners need to be more assertive when asking about their pets and the care they will receive. It would be better to find a friend who will take your pet when you need to be away. If I was home and retired it would be fun to have a dog for a visit.
There must be someone who would want to take in a dog now and then.

This is definitely not going away.
http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions - by Catherine - 09-14-2016, 02:46 PM