Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember the cold is dangerous to pets
It is sad when a dog is banished to a kennel outside.

I knew a border Collie (Misty's friend) who just wanted to be outside all the time, but even his people had a big utility room with a bed in there for him, and his food and water. There was also an open conservatory he liked. They found it hard to get him inside. But at least he had good shelter and was not forced to spend his whole life outside. But he really loved horrible weather! The more horrible it was, the happier he was! Huh  He enticed me and Misty to many a walk in a 10 degree below blizzard! (Misty wearing 2 coats of course!)

But many dogs are not like that. And even the toughest dogs need to get out of the elements and have a wind proof place to go. All dogs of course, enjoy being a part of their family, and most enjoy a fireside.

Haha....I have worked out how to keep Sally's nose and face away from the heater. I put a lovely comfortable cat rug down in front of it (in safe distance) Now she treats it like a nuclear war zone. I guess -that's cats for ya! She preferred her polar bear bed tonight!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember the cold is dangerous to pets - by Tobi - 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM