Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warning: Pentobarbital found in US dog food
(02-08-2017, 02:30 PM)Catherine Wrote: Making your own pet food is probably the safest way to feed your pets. I am sure there are recipes for dog and cat foods that are easy to make and much healthier.
  It's easy to do, so long as one doesn't mind devoting a couple of hours  to prepare the food about once every two-three weeks or so.
I used to buy a big batch of different meat, and cook it up adding vegetables, one evening. All sorts can be added to it such as Quinoa, rice, potatoes etc and add things like greens, green beans, carrots, broccoli, spinach...etc

Then I put it in portion-sized freezer bags, and into the freezer. It took up a lot of room but was worth it! Misty loved the evenings when I cooked her food for the next couple of weeks, as she used to get the odd treat thrown to her while I was breaking up the cooked meat.

I also bought packs of ready-frozen boneless fish pieces. Dogs don't mind what sort of fish it is. We got the cheap one. Pollock I think it was. Those cook up quickly whenever needed, (again with some veggies added) Misty loved green beans. We used frozen green beans often for that recipe. It only took 10 minutes to cook. and 10 or so to cool down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Warning: Pentobarbital found in US dog food - by Tobi - 02-09-2017, 04:29 AM