Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warning: Pentobarbital found in US dog food
When you first posted this and pointed out that Pentobarbital is used to euthanize animals, I had a bad feeling. It just didn't seem possible though. How could euthanized pets end up in pet food! Now it turns out that it is true. I had never heard of this before.
There is something vile about making money from the bodies of dead pets. Maybe that is why some shelters kill so many animals. They get paid for their bodies.

It is obviously dangerous.  Euthanized animals are supposed to be cremated which would destroy the drugs used. You don't want the drugs getting into the water system. They would be dangerous to all living things.

Clearly pet food has some very dirty secrets. There may be ethical companies producing food, but they have trouble getting safe supplies. There have been other recalls.

Right now our whole food system is not safe. There is a baby food recall out because of possible botulism.

I think we need to eat local and eat fresh whenever possible, for ourselves and our pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Warning: Pentobarbital found in US dog food - by Catherine - 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM