The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing back the Woolly Mammoth
Science has now reached a point where it is possible to bring back some species. Wooly Mammoths if they were brought back would live in the Canadian arctic region. We have the room and it can be argued that they may fit a niche that was lost and do much to protect the arctic.

I have to say up front, I am in favour or bringing back species. Woolly Mammoths went extinct within the human species memory. I know there are ethical issues and fears and it needs to be done cautiously. But just the thought that we could see wooly mammoths again  brings tears to my eyes.

I think some things we have an obligation to bring back if we can. We owe it to Martha the last passenger pigeon, who held on to life long after her species was gone, to bring them back in her name.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

We have been willing to destroy species with our progress. Why shouldn't we use that progress to bring back species.

We will resolve the ethical issues and the problems that same as we have resolved a great many other issues.

Jurassic Park?
It was a movie where they did everything wrong and created chaos. It was fun to watch and for a dinosaur lover a real treat.
However if they are ever able to bring back dinosaurs and actually create Jurassic park they would be  much more professional about it.
When they open the theme park, I am going. There are not a lot of "dream vacations" that interest me, but this one I wouldn't miss.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Bringing back the Woolly Mammoth - by Catherine - 02-15-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: Bringing back the Woolly Mammoth - by Tobi - 02-18-2017, 03:39 AM