Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog slaughterhouse demands money to save dogs
(06-01-2017, 02:37 PM)Catherine Wrote: Giving them money only encourages them.....

To end the dog meat trade we will have to be more cunning and more determined. I am sure the negative publicity puts the dog killers in a bad light.
It is a difficult dilemma, but ultimately paying the traders and slaughterers to save dogs only makes the situation worse. It encourages more dog stealing, to make more money, thus creating a vicious circle of suffering and extortion.

A very strong, relentless publicity campaign - highlighting the stealing and inhumane methods of slaughter - is really the only way forward. Ideally, trade sanctions should be applied against China until the trade is stopped, although I accept that in the current political climate this is highly unlikely to happen.

I do understand why people want to buy dogs otherwise destined for a cruel death - but they should understand that by doing so they are not only lining the pockets of the dog stealers, traders and slaughterers, but also indirectly encouraging them to go on doing the same, as they get money one way or the other (either by selling the dog meat, or by taking money from those seeking to save the dogs).

The whole situation is a tragedy. This evil trade must be stopped.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog slaughterhouse demands money to save dogs - by LPC - 06-01-2017, 05:42 PM