Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog slaughterhouse demands money to save dogs
Quote:It is a difficult dilemma, but ultimately paying the traders and slaughterers to save dogs only makes the situation worse. It encourages more dog stealing, to make more money, thus creating a vicious circle of suffering and extortion.
This is the dilemma right now. It was predictable that this would happen as soon as they bought even one dog. The traders, stealers and slaughterers are opportunists. They want to make money and this just opens up a new way for them to make money.

If I was there and had money I would still buy a dog to save it. How could I not do it?
The buying and rescuing has to be a temporary step in a long fight.

Buying out the dog farmers and getting them into a new source of income would help.

Preventing dog stealing would really make a difference. Pet owners need to find ways to protect their pets.

Negative publicity that turns the public against the dog meat trade is going to be the most important thing. When people are so against it that they don't buy dog meat, then the trade will be unprofitable.

Stronger public health laws and food handling laws would really change things. The whole dog meat trade is dirty in a literal sense. I wouldn't drink water in one of those markets. The  slaughtering is inhumane and it is also unhygienic.

This is going to be a long fight.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog slaughterhouse demands money to save dogs - by Catherine - 06-02-2017, 02:37 PM