Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selfie sickos kill baby dolphin
This is not the first baby dolphin death. It is not even the second.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...jlBEgiXcdw

The deaths were so well publicized that people know that it will kill a baby to take selfies with it. They are just too selfish to care about a baby.

This selfie craze is out of control. People want to take an unusual picture and post it for all their friends to see. They want people to be impressed by what they have done. When did people start living their lives as if they were playing to an audience? I would think having a nice day at the beach would be good enough. Why do you need to kill a baby dolphin to impress your friends. 
Do you really want people as friends who would be impressed by a picture like that?

Why would a person keep taking pictures of themselves. Surely they already know what they look like. Selfies are a bit like looking in a mirror. Who looks in a mirror all the time. Pictures of their vacations are all pictures of themselves. So these are people who think the world revolves around them.

The rest of us appear in pictures sometimes, family weddings, gatherings, graduations, things that we have been involved in and someone has taken a picture. Our picture is in a context and the context is the important thing. I have my graduation picture on the wall because it represents the university and all the time I spent there. It is impossible to photograph the experience and the place, but I am reminded of it when I look at the picture. A selfie would not be the same thing. It would just be a picture of me.

I guess we shouldn't be surprized that people who take selfies are willing to kill a baby animal to get another selfie. It fits with their way of doing things.

It is sad for the mother dolphin and the rest of the dolphin family.
Maybe we need to put dolphins in charge. I am sure they would do a better job than humans.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Selfie sickos kill baby dolphin - by Catherine - 08-18-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Selfie sickos kill baby dolphin - by LPC - 08-18-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Selfie sickos kill baby dolphin - by Tobi - 08-19-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: Selfie sickos kill baby dolphin - by Catherine - 08-19-2017, 01:38 PM