The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A family Catherine can identify with
There is a family in Australia who has pets the way I have pets. The count may be a little different, but not a lot different.
One reason for so many pets is the fact that they have rescued pet reptiles. Reptiles don't do well in shelters. They need to be with people who love and understand reptiles.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news...0xpoy.html

I don't have the dogs and cats or the centipede. I might put fish in my pond this year. I have a whole set of lizards with parts missing or some kind of damage. Some of my snakes are older rehomes and of course I have Jake the Krinkle Snake.
I have a baby pink krinkle  snake that hatched last spring. I still don't know if she will make it, but she does eat and she is growing.  Any suggestions for names. I say she, but the krinkles are bad enough that it will be impossible to tell if the snake is male or female. Jake might actually be female. It is impossible to tell.

A number of my rehome snakes are showing their age and I could have a number of losses in the next year or so. So far I don't have anything that I think will outlive me. If it happens I have a commitment from someone to take them or at least rehome them.
I can understand these people. Someone has to take in the unwanted reptiles. I wish I had a monitor, but I do have Barrie the Tegu. He is almost as big. He is sleeping very comfortably right now. He has a spa treatment and a good meal today. He is in reptile heaven and I bet he is dreaming sweet things. Heart

Someone has to love and care for the unwanted reptiles.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A family Catherine can identify with - by Catherine - 04-02-2018, 05:54 PM