Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia killing strays ahead of the World Cup
Quote:(P.S. I deleted your identical, duplicate post to the one above. Perhaps the initial post did not show up at first?)

That is strange. There was no duplicate post when I logged out last night. I didn't have any problems making the post so there shouldn't have been a duplicate. It is yet another computer mystery.

There was a high demand for sled dogs during the Vancouver Olympics. Tourists wanted to do something "Canadian".
After it was over and summer was coming there was no use for the dogs. The company took the cheap way out. They just shot them all. We did have a thread on the subject, but I can't find it.

I think the presence of stray dogs indicates a failure or lack of social programs in a society. If everything was going well there would not be dogs on the streets. The problem would have been taken care of. Rather than fix the problem, it is easier to kill the dogs and pretend there is no problem. It seems to happen every time a major public sporting event is being held. The host country wants everything to look nice and is willing to commit any atrocity to achieve that goal.

On that note, 8 years from now Canada, Mexico and the USA will be cohosting the world cup. They won't be shooting dogs on the streets of Toronto, but I wonder about some of the other locations. It still matters that we watch Toronto in case they come up with something just as bad.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia killing strays ahead of the World Cup - by Catherine - 06-14-2018, 04:45 PM