Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faroe Islands' annual whale slaughter
Quote:I am shocked and horrified, that this ritual hasn't been stopped yet. This is another animal holocaust.

The excuse of mass killing being "cultural expression" is wearing thin. There should be no excuse or this level of cruelty, stupidity and brutality.

We should feel totally shocked and horrified. Anything less than that response is worrying. 

What kind of people participate in butchery like that. If they needed to hunt whales in the past to survive we can understand that. There is a big difference between hunting to survive and a ritual mass killing of helpless animals.
I don't think it is cultural expression. I think they like the killing. They have developed a taste for brutality. Because they bring their children to this event, their children also will learn a taste for brutality.

The only things that will stop this are outside pressure and the children rejecting this. 
Tourists need to stop supporting it. We need to refuse to visit the Faroe Isles and we need to refuse any products that would come from the Faroe Isles.

The children can be changed through education. Maybe if the internet can show them how the world sees the slaughter they can look at it in a new light.

Mass killings are not cultural expression. There is nothing cultural about them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Faroe Islands' annual whale slaughter - by Catherine - 08-08-2019, 03:35 PM