Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Canadian Seal Hunt 2021
Quote:At least coronavirus has helped the seals this year. There have been other places, too, where animals have benefitted from greatly reduced interference by humans. The virus is bad for humans, yes, certainly, but at least there are a few positives for other species.
Our struggles with the pandemic have definitely benefitted wildlife. I have seen a Golden Eagle and a Northern Goshawk in my own neighbourhood this year. I live on the edge of down town Toronto and in over 30 years I have never seen these birds. Now I see both! I seldom see people anymore, but sure I see wildlife.

People have no where to go and nothing to do because everything is closed. They are taking the time to look at wildlife and the world around them.
Without all the cars on the roads, the air is clear enough to see.
I don't know if we will continue to see things differently when this is over. I hope so.

The seal hunt was diminished by the pandemic. Most hunters did not participate. I am hoping they won't come back next year. 
The hunt isn't popular and they will have found other ways to make money. This year may not be the last hunt, but it could be the beginning of the end.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Canadian Seal Hunt 2021 - by Catherine - 04-07-2021, 03:03 PM
RE: The Canadian Seal Hunt 2021 - by Catherine - 04-22-2021, 03:11 PM
RE: The Canadian Seal Hunt 2021 - by LPC - 04-22-2021, 08:09 PM
RE: The Canadian Seal Hunt 2021 - by Catherine - 04-23-2021, 02:43 PM