Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France bans circus animals and mink farms, but not bull fighting
Quote:As for the USA and Canada - what do you think the prospects of a ban on hunting are there, Catherine?
We can't even get the seal hunt banned. I would say zero chance of a hunting ban. That being said we could still work at banning hunting farms where animals are raised to be shot. We could work at banning trophy hunting. We could work at banning the spring bear hunt in Ontario. They put out food for hungry bears and shoot them when they come to eat. No of these are honorable hunting methods.

I think some subsistence hunting for survival will always remain. It is a very different activity and it is not large numbers of animals. It is certainly sustainable ecologically.

You are right the changes have to be made slowly. They banned what they could. If you hold out for everything you could end up with nothing.
I think hunting as a sport will die out. I agree, younger people are not interested. I think bull fighting will end. I am not sure why it has lasted this long.

It is enough that mink farming is ending. Every aspect of that was cruel for the animals.
This is still a very big victory.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: France bans circus animals and mink farms, but not bull fighting - by Catherine - 11-20-2021, 04:24 PM