The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition/online protest to stop the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival in November!
Hi all, I'm new here.
I just had to share this with everyone, because it breaks my heart.

Something terrible is going to happen next month - the brutal "Gadhimai Slaughter Festival".

Every 5 years, a disturbing cruel slaughter takes place in Nepal, known as the "Gadhami Slaughter Festival".
Each time it takes place, around 250,000 animals are confined to a small area from which they can not escape, and brutally hacked to death with sharp blades.

These poor innocent trusting animals suffer a slow and extremely painful death.
News of this terrible slaughter has spread, internationally animal welfare advocates have spoken out against it. This year, there are more people, groups and organisations that are not willing to sit back and let this cruelty happen.

Before such terrible suffering happens again, please sign Compassion In World Farming's (CIWF) petition to stop this disgusting slaughter from happening.

Please click here: http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...n.id=29144 to sign the petition. Please ask your family and friends to sign.

Also, Compassion In World Farming is going to be holding a one hour long peaceful gathering/rally in London on Saturday 11th October to hand in the petition and tell the Nepalese Government they MUST stop funding this festival and take action to stop it altogether. Me and my boyfriend will be there!

If you live in/around London and you are free on that day to spare one hour, the charity would love as many animal lovers as possible to come along and show their support.

If you can not come along but would love to be there in spirit - you can download and print out an A4 placard from this page (or make your own): http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...arded=true and email a photo of you holding it to: londonevent@ciwf.org.
They will print your photo to take to the protest, and deliver it to the Nepalese embassy so they'll know you were there in spirit!

Thank you so much guys,
Janay.
"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede

Messages In This Thread
Petition/online protest to stop the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival in November! - by Janay - 09-11-2014, 09:42 AM