Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition/online protest to stop the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival in November!
Welcome to the Forum. I am always glad when new members post things.

Thank-you for bringing this to our attention. I have never heard of the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival. It sounds brutal and no country should allow such an event to continue.
I hope all the various petitions and protests have some influence on the Nepalese government. I wish I could join you in London, but I am in Canada and it is a bit far away. We do have members in Britain. Hopefully some can make it. Certainly signing the petitions helps.

I can't get the links you posted to work. I did find the Compassion in World Farming web site. I will check out some of their material. There is a slow, but steady shift towards kinder more humane farming. It is slow, but it seems to be happening all over.

I did find a site that details the killing and give some background for those of us who have never heard of it.
http://www.occupyforanimals.org/gadhimai...nepal.html
Many of us are no longer able to tolerate such cruelty and when enough people feel that way things will have to change. It is so important that we keep up the pressure.
Please keep us posted about this issue.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition/online protest to stop the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival in November! - by Catherine - 09-11-2014, 01:17 PM