Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your favorite animals ?
This should be a very common question and i'm surprised that there was no topic about it.

My favorite animals :

1. Alamosaurus Sanjuanensis
2. Apatosaurus Ajax
3. Argentinosaurus Huinculensis
4. Brachiosaurus Altithorax
5. Giraffatitan Brancai
6. Huanghetitan Ruyangensis
7. Patagotitan Mayorum
8. Puertasaurus Reuili
9. Sauroposeidon Proteles
10. Supersaurus Vivianae
11. Eotriceratops Xerinsularis
12. Pentaceratops Sternbergii
13. Styracosaurus Albertensis
14. Torosaurus Latus
15. Triceratops Horridus
16. African Elephant
17. Asian Elephant
18. American Mastodon
19. Columbian Mammoth
20. Southern Mammoth
21. Steppe Mammoth
22. Woolly Mammoth
23. Palaeoloxodon Antiquus
24. Stegodon Zdanskyi
25. Zygolophodon Borsoni
26. Elasmotherium Caucasicum
27. Elasmotherium Sibiricum
28. Sinotherium Lagrelii
29. Woolly Rhinoceros
30. White Rhinoceros
31. Equus Giganteus
32. Belgian Horse
33. Shire Horse
34. Percheron
35. Arctotherium Angustidens
36. Cave Bear
37. Kodiak Bear
38. Giant Panda
39. Epicyon haydeni
40. Alaskan Malamute

Some of the animals in my list may seem unfamiliar because most of my favorites are extinct animals. I like many animals but as you know that the 'favorites' is a different category. Most of my favorite animals are giant veggie beasts. For some reason i can't choose favorite in predators but few dogs and bears species are exception, i don't know how but i just can't able to ignore them. For now, i just mentioned as 'domestic dog' in my list because there are different kinds of them having good appearance, i don't know which one to select and i don't want to increase the favorite list by adding the same species.
We  have done this thread before, but not for a long time and perhaps not on this version of the forum. I think it was an old forum topic.
I know I couldn't name just one species. If we are doing a list of favourites I might be able to put some animals on the list.

Definitely bees of all kinds, although Bumble Bees are a special favourite.

Monarch butterflies and the rest of the butterfly clan.

Reptiles for sure. Corn snakes are my favourite snakes(mostly) and skinks(all 2000 species) are my favourite lizards.

I like cats and dogs and I like the wild species of felines and canines.

I love Koi and I still miss the koi I had.

I love orangutans and gorillas, our primate cousins.

We know I love wooly mammoths.

There are others, but I need time to think about it.

I knew you would have a lot of extinct animals on your list.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-13-2019, 03:31 PM)Catherine Wrote: Definitely bees of all kinds, although Bumble Bees are a special favourite. Monarch butterflies and the rest of the butterfly clan. Reptiles for sure. Corn snakes are my favourite snakes(mostly) and skinks(all 2000 species) are my favourite lizards.

I like cats and dogs and I like the wild species of felines and canines.I love Koi and I still miss the koi I had.

I love orangutans and gorillas, our primate cousins. We know I love wooly mammoths. There are others, but I need time to think about it.

I knew you would have a lot of extinct animals on your list.

hmm, you got some variety of animals right there. The one animal which is in both of our favorite list is the famous mammal of all time, the woolly mammoth. Most likely it holds the second rank of being the famous animal behind T-Rex.

'I knew you would have a lot of extinct animals on your list.' ----  Smiley4
I like a lot of different animals,reptiles,birds etc I wouldn't like to name favourites.
Quote:I like a lot of different animals,reptiles,birds etc I wouldn't like to name favourites.
I agree with you. My list isn't in order. I just typed things as they came to mind.

I like barnacles. There is something interesting about barnacles.

I like the Pica and the Marmot. I have even seen both in the wild.

The moose and beaver are so Canadian that of course I love them and the fat little muskrats. They are so cute.

I am no good at favourite lists.
We had this problem with this thread on the old forum. No one could name favourites. We all like too many animals.

Of course mammoths and T-Rex are special and popular. T-Rexes just command respect and who could fail to love what looks like an elephant in wooly pajamas.
Catherine

Well that is an unique list of favourite animals... I like rabbits.. Big Grin
Entertaining and educational pet videos at TinyPetsTube. Also on YouTube with weekly animal videos
I love rabbits too. They are such gentle sweet creatures. Any rabbits I know just seem to melt into your arms when you hold them.

Opps! I didn't mention guinea pigs. Don't mention it to my piggies or they will never let me live it down. I will give them an extra treat to make up for it and they will be fine .
I love little dwarf hamsters. All the years I raised them they were so entertaining and I learned so much from them.

I have so many favourite animals. Did I mention whales, seals and sea turtles. They are all special in their own way.
Catherine