Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bosnian Dogs Fundraising 8 days to go!
Quote:Oh dear, I got too excited and couldn't even read your first post, LOL!
We are all pretty excited about this.

A small table and a poster sound like a good set up. The bucket sounds right. The bathroom problem however is a tricky one. You can't leave the case bucket even for a minute. Either don't drink or wear an adult diaper. It could be done, it sounds terrible, but it would get you through if you became desperate.

I really wish I was closer.
Someday we will have members in enough places that someone could help you.

What do you have on the stand-up thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

HAHA! No I don't think I'll wear a diaper. I'll just take the money bucket with me to the bathroom.
This kind of reminds me of when I had to take long train journeys with Misty....

On the stand I shall have printed information, (printed fairly large so people can read it easily) and photographs. I'll take a picture of it when it's set up.
Quote:HAHA! No I don't think I'll wear a diaper. I'll just take the money bucket with me to the bathroom.
This kind of reminds me of when I had to take long train journeys with Misty....

I wouldn't do it either. Maybe just sip on water, but avoid tea until after. I love tea, but it makes a bathroom a must.

The poster sounds good. People need to see pictures, but they need to read about the pictures to understand the cause. I hope people are feeling generous.
Catherine

Tobi - just a thought....Perhaps you could keep your cash in a secure lockable box and leave it briefly at the reception desk if you need to make a call of nature?
That is a very good idea, LPC!

Today something very nice happened. I went to pay the printer, and he gave me everything for free! Not a man of many words, he just said "For the dogs."

Bless him.

My favourite tea is China Tea or Earl Grey, Catherine. I can't stand 'tea-bag-tea', it's too strong. I became a tea convert in my 20s when a Chinese friend took me out to a real Chinese restaurant in Soho London one day. Before that I would never touch it. But I do prefer coffee. That is my absolute favourite -though pretty bad news for making you pee! LOL!
I don't care. I shall do what I like! And eat sandwiches (which are a bit different.)

Only three-(ish) days to go now!
That was very kind of the printer. People really do want to help when they hear about things like this. I hope everyone else is of the same mind.

I will do tea bags, but the real tea is better. I have multiple "Brown Betty" tea pots of various sizes and a wonderful cup with a basket for tea. You fill the little basket and add boiling water to the cup and get one cup of real properly brewed tea.

I like China Tea and earl Grey, but I also like some of the herbal blends that are so popular. Some have actual tea with spices others are just spices. The cinnamon tea is just right for winter. I drink a lot of peppermint tea as well.
I like my coffee in the morning and my tea later in the day. We all have our preferences.

I like China tea when I eat Chinese food. I think the tastes go together.

Three days to go! I hope the weather is right for you.
Catherine

Other fundraising right now -not only for the stray Bosnian Dogs, but for another dire emergency....

There have been severe floods in Bosnia Herzegovina, and in the Balkan states, affecting everyone, with many animals who sadly died. It is an already dire situation not only for animals, but for people, and the recent flooding has made it much much worse.

Two people have decided to get on their bikes to raise funds for this emergency, raise awareness, and assist the animals' situation: Zivoslav Stevic, a 71 year old man and his daughter Milena, aged 35, commenced their long cycle ride of 6500km across Europe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rita-pal...32986.html
I didn't realize how bad the floods were. So a very bad situation has suddenly become much worse. Why isn't there talk of international aid?
I can understand that the animals won't get help if people don't send it, but usually after a disaster like this, countries send help.

This makes your fund raising even more important.

That is remarkable about the two cyclists. That is quite a journey. I hope they can make a difference for the animals of Bosnia.
Catherine

Yes so do I. I wish them a good journey and may the roads and tracks they follow be kind to them. That is a lot to give. My little venture is a cushy number compared to that!

Well....everything is all fixed up, and ready to go my end. Everything has worked out well so far. I'll report back tomorrow evening with the full story! Wish me luck.
I am looking at the time and you are going to be getting up soon.
All the best in your fundraising. I hope things go very well and the weather is kind to you. I can't wait to hear about your day.
Catherine