Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the U.S.!
I have heard that people don't like the block system that windows 8 has. Why would they make such a big change. Most of us are just getting good with windows 7. Why do we need 8?

DVD's are already old technology. I bet blue ray is already old. I am old technology, completely out of date. It just isn't possible to keep up.
Oh well, I never have time to watch stuff anyhow.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I haven't even progressed to Blue ray yet, lol!
I don't watch much but when I do, I just plug in a movie. Something I know I will want to see instead of a bunch of mindless irritation, which is mostly what my TV provides.
Speaking of TV, have you watched any of the Olympics? It is the one thing on TV these days I do enjoy [to a certain extent].
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I haven't watched any of the olympics. I don't usually. But I'm picky with what I watch. I have a few actors actresses, directors, and producers I know that do good work and I'll stick to watching their stuff. Right now I'm stuck on Pitch Perfect. Cause I love music and everyone in the movie does their own singing. I'm a sucker for real tallent.
I have caught bits and pieces of the Olympics. I will make time to watch the hockey finals. I have watched some podium stuff, but hey, Canada is doing very well. But what can I say, it is the winter Olympics. We do better with winter sports.
I watch the odd show, but I do it through the computer. I don't have a TV. I have no interest in reality shows. I still like murder mysteries and Sci Fi.

There is never enough time. I want a month at home to enjoy some shows and just catch up on things. I do have a nice big computer screen so it is easy to watch.
Catherine

If we EVER get high-speed internet, I would probably spend the first 6 months on youtube catching up on my music/videos!
Canada and Australia has some very fine young ladies in the "slopestyle ski". A new event and very entertaining.
I mostly just watch the snowboarding and speedskating [short track].
mypetsonparade.com
So far I have seen some speed skating and ski jumping and some snow boarding. Slope style skiing is impressive. I missed the hockey game. Somehow work just gets in the way of life.

You want high speed internet, I want to retire. Give me a pension and I will stay home and watch all kinds of things. Maybe in five years, maybe not.

I hope I get to see the various forms of figure skating/ ice dancing and whatever else they call it. Its all good. These people are the best in the world and well worth watching.Smiley32
Catherine

Congrats to the Canadian ladies' hockey team!!!! I hear it was quite the impressive game.

Also did anyone watch the ladies' figure skating finals? The free skate?
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
I missed the skating, but that was some hockey game. Our ladies do a fine job on the ice and we are proud of them.Heart

We did pretty good in the curling too. When you live in a country that is frozen half the time, you do tend to be focused on the winter sports.
Now we are hoping for the men's hockey team to get the gold.

I was at a skating event last weekend and one of our former women's hockey players was there with her gold metal from Salt Lake City. So I have a picture of me holding an Olympic Gold Metal.Smiley34
Catherine

How cool is that! If they gave out medals for "most compassionate animal person". I know you would win the gold!!!
mypetsonparade.com
I think the whole Animal Lovers Forum membership should get a team gold metal.18 We are all pretty soft about animals.Heart

However if there is ever a gold metal for chasing buses I am going to win it for sure. I travel between clients by bus and time is tight. I will do anything to catch a bus. Which explains how I fell on my face last December. I try to be a little bit more sensible until I see my bus coming down the hill and I want to catch it.Smiley4
Catherine