Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creative ways to keep pets cool.
I think they are available in Canada. Now that I know about the product I can search for it. It is a great idea. It would be good for reptiles for night time warmth. I could see using it when I transport eggs or baby snakes.

I think it is a great idea and I bet my older piggies would like it. I think I might like it to keep my feet warm on a cold night. Do they come small enough to fit inside gloves as hand warmers.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have only seen ones the same size as I have and they are approx 6-7 inches in diameter.
They fit nicely under a piggy, but I always use them in a cover and usually under a blanket. That way the heat is retained for longer and the piggies aren't in direct contact with the disc.
Some folk have complained that the discs split and the gel leaks out, but I have had mine for years, some of them for 6 years, and have had no issues with them at all.
A friend had one burst in her microwave, but she had kept it in an outside shed and at some point it had been frozen because of the severe weather a few years ago. Most of the issues people have with them seem to be related to them being frozen, either accidentally during storage in out buildings, or when they were being transported to the store.
If they are kept at room temp or above they fare very well and can give years of service.
I have nothing but good things to say about them.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am going to look around for a Snuggle safe or a comparable product. I would like to give the older piggies an warm spot I they want it.

I have some polar fleece that I will cut up into beds for them. I might try different designs. I wonder if they would like the pockets  or whatever it was that you made. I know you have some good ideas. I just feel that Rosebert would like to snuggle more. He is 6 1/2 so he is a senior piggie.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine