Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking my snakes to a street festival
The weather was perfect and it will be perfect tomorrow.

This is a big event. They think there will be 80,000 people over the two days. I can take that number in it is so big, but we did see an unending swarm of people.

I took: David, a soft coffee colour
Desert Sand, a caramel and cream and milk chocolate colour
Mike, a wild coloured female, my little sweetheart
Iceman, White and pink and cream coloured
Molly, a young female with the wild colour very intensified

All of them are corn snakes and they loved being out with me. I brought out one at a time and showed him/her to people and even let them hold the snake and take pictures. I spent the whole time talking about snakes and corn snakes and how they are as pets, how important snakes are to world ecology, how much I love my own snakes and I answered a continuous stream of questions.
When the first snake needed a break I put him back and brought out the next one. With five snakes they had lots of breaks so it was an easy day for them.
I never got a break, people were still asking questions at 9pm when the festival shut down for the night.
We went back inside the reptile centre and the public followed us in and we had people there until midnight.
I will be back there tomorrow at noon to start again, but this time we only go until 6pm.

So many people had never been close to a snake or touched one. They all are surprized at how soft their skin is and how warm and smooth. People were amazed at the colours. They are my snakes and I am always amazed at their colours. How is it possible that I have a snake so beautiful!

That is just what I did. They also had other snakes and various lizards out on display. We educated thousands of people about reptiles.
I may be tired, but I am really glad we do this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking my snakes to a street festival - by Catherine - 08-23-2015, 03:49 PM