Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Good
I like the green and purple too. I think it is the black that I am not fond of. In the parts that show the purple and green together without the black, it is a nice combination. I think we are still in transition so there will be changes.

I really like the green background.  What if the black were a darker shade of the same green? I wonder how that would look.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The pale green looks really nice. But I agree Catherine, the black is a bit too heavy. I wonder if a greeny-gold would look nice? The reason I mention "gold colour" (or similar) is because shades of yellow are complimentary colours to purples.
But with a touch of the same green in it which is used for the background??
Just a thought. Whatever shade it ends up I am sure it will look nice.
I don't like the new green color, it looks like slime. lol. I do like the green background, though.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we are in a colour adjustment phase so if you don't like a colour, hold on a moment, it will probably change. Smiley4
Catherine

Ruth, I agree XD It was one of many shades I tried. Thankfully Catherine found the current darker/softer green which doesn't look so much like slime.
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
I have a good eye for colour and I have been playing with the colour wheel since you sent me the link.  It is hard to picture how a colour will look until you see it on the actual forum.

This is fun. If I blink something changes. Smiley4
Catherine

(11-20-2015, 02:35 PM)Bock Wrote: Ruth, I agree XD It was one of many shades I tried. Thankfully Catherine found the current darker/softer green which doesn't look so much like slime.

Thanks.  It does look better now. Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we are pretty much done.  We have the main colours set  right. We have played around with colour intensities.

If anything isn't quite working we can tweak it.

I am liking the colours. There is something fresh about the greens and the purple is pretty. We lightened(Bock did the work of course) the purple because it was a bit too intense. 

So what do you all think of it?

I think it is easy on the eyes and yet it catches the attention. The colours interact with each other nicely and there is a certain harmony.
I think we have come up with peaceful colours with out being boring.

Many thanks to Bock our tech wiz colour genius.
Catherine

I was surprised when I came here today.
The site definitely has some "pop" now.

I like the lighter purple much better.
It helped tremendously getting rid of the black.
The new green goes very nicely with the lighter purple. It's funny I would have never thought of putting those 2 colors together but the more I look at it the more I like it! Smile
Very distinctive and classy combo I think.

What do you guys think of the little gecko prints?
I kind of suggested that one to Bock.
You usually see the puppy paw prints on forums. She had drawn these herself for another project a while back and I thought they were cute.
She does have other icons though if you'd prefer something else.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I love the little gecko prints. They go with the type of forum we are.

I didn't like the black. It was too stark.

I like the colour choices It was funny watching the transition stages while we worked on it.
I had the forum open twice so I could look at the work while checking out posts. At one point one refreshed before the other and I had two different versions up at once.  I could compare and see that we were getting better.

It does give us a fresh new look. We keep the green, but with a difference. Purple is a vibrant colour and green is calming.

I like the way the colours look together.
Catherine