Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests against African hunting Show
I am glad to hear that protesters are making such an impact here. It is time attitudes towards hunting were drastically changed. Animals suffer tremendously, as was the case with poor Cecil. My own opinion is -it is time it came to an end.

I made my own stand against hunting today. A hunt was on, through the orchard, and on my lane, with people and beagles charging about all over the place, hanging around my house....etc.
So I got a big stick, with a piece of cardboard attached to it, saying
"I do not know what sort of 'hunt' this is, or if it is even legal?
But consider this:
Our incredible arrogance in dealing with the forces of Nature is one of the major things which holds our species back from the evolution of consciousness."

I went away from the house after a little while because I did not like the overall atmosphere of those people, and left the notice standing just outside my cottage where they couldn't fail to read it. I walked a couple of miles, and then found out from a neighbour on a bike, that the hunt was "Hare coursing".

No doubt they will all chat about that "weird person who is a bit left-wing and has no idea of the ways of the countryside...." There are a few round here who don't agree with such 'sports' but many, who do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests against African hunting Show - by Tobi - 01-17-2016, 06:41 AM