Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Bailee and Danny photo
(02-14-2016, 06:34 AM)Cibach Wrote: They really are beautiful birds and they look so happy together.

Thank you and they are pretty happy together.  They take turns following the leader.  Bailee has learned a lot from Danny and seems to be much more at ease here now than when I first brought her home.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we all have the same problem with our windows. I get a terrible draft from the back door also. I can get weather stripping, but it takes time to go to the store and time to put it up. I think it wouldn't be too expensive. It is too cold to do it now and when it warms up it isn't cold so why do I need weather stripping. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There is still a draft in here after I put weather stripping up. I am thinking of trying to use my window kit even though it seems like a hard job to do. There will still be cold days left this Winter. I keep turning the heat up when the draft is on the floor here. It gives me a chill so I bet the pets get a chill, too. It's funny that Suzy sometimes lays on the carpet right by the heat vent. She puts her little butt against the vent.

Suzy is enjoying the heat from the vent. I have cold air from the back door and it would be better if I could stop the draft.
Every summer I try to fix things so it is better. It just isn't easy when the windows are so old and the door doesn't seal.

I worry about my pets, but they seem okay. Still the summer will be a relief. Then I get to worry about it being too warm.
Catherine

Yes, door drafts are hard to get rid of but I have a little thick rug by my door. My door only goes into the hallway, though. It's another cold night tonight.

The temperature is really dropping tonight and there is a cold weather alert. I can feel drafts from a couple of places.

I need to do a little more insulating, but it will have to wait until summer. It is to cold to do anything about the cold right now. Smiley4
Catherine

I do know what you mean. It's supposed to be nice today, though.

We are still caught up in a cold spell.  It could be nice by the weekend. I would like that.
Catherine

We are supposed to have 59 F as a temp today. I have a window open to let in some fresh air.

We are having a warm spell too. It is wonderful to feel fresh air and be comfortable outside. I am so going to enjoy spring this year.
Catherine