Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Abuser sentenced to give DNA sample
Two years may not sound like much, but two years is a very long time in jail. He might have time to reflect on what put him there....let us hope so.
It's good that he is now on DNA records. I am glad to hear this crime against that dog was taken seriously. A 25 year ban on keeping animals is also good, and let's hope he doesn't find some way to contravene that ruling.

I honestly think all animal caretakers, whether they buy from breeders, or adopt from shelters or Rescues, should be on a database. It is impossible to have a car or any vehicle without being on a database!! If anyone tries to flaunt that law, it isn't usually long before they are caught. It should be the same with anyone who wants to have an animal. An animal's life and welfare is worth a lot more than any car I have ever seen.

I don't usually like 'rules, regulations, and paperwork'. I like freedom as much as possible, and don't really like the idea of any system somewhere knowing just who you are, what you do, etc. But for the sake of animals and their welfare I personally would be willing to make a compromise with my feelings about the 'big brother system'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animal Abuser sentenced to give DNA sample - by Tobi - 02-09-2016, 11:00 AM