Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Abuse/stray problem in Dallas
You can read the article without looking at the pictures.
Dallas has a dog problem. There are dogs loose on the streets causing trouble.
Dallas also has a problem with people dumping dead dogs in an area, and other dead animals as well. Some of these animals are clearly abused, but no charges have been laid.
Very likely there is a dog fighting issue with some of the dead animals.
There is a real problem with strays on the streets, Some of them are aggressive towards people.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

If I understand the Dallas Animal Services response, they have hired more staff and they are giving people tickets for unvaccinated dogs and things like that. Those  dogs have owners. They are not the problem.
It seems to me they have missed the point. There are people out there dumping dead dogs. Some of them are probably involved in dog fighting. That is what they should be going after.

Instead of ticketing a dog owner they should be rescuing dogs out on the street.

They should be investigating the abuse cases.
Isn't that what they are supposed to do?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Philadelphia SPCA, and many other states seem to have their act together concerning liaising animal rescue with law enforcement....it make me wonder why Dallas SPCA aren't as pro-active??

Those dead dogs could well be the result of illegal dog-fighting rings. Or could be just neglect and animal abuse, and some people do not have the grace to bury their animals properly with respect.

Even here, it happens. Even in a quiet lovely rural UK area! I found a dead dog wrapped in a plastic bag in a ditch here once! My instincts told me that was the best the caretaker could do, that they had little time, no land, lived in town, couldn't afford a cremation, had told their wife they would bury the dog 'out on the moors'....then just left it there.
It was upsetting. Jet ran away but Misty coped with it well.

Anyway....I diverge. It is time Dallas SPCA/law enforcement got a little more involved.
Those photos made me ill. How can anyone do this?

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
The pictures were pretty bad. 

The Dallas Animal Control could do a better job. They are focusing on the wrong problem.  They need to stop the dog fighting ring. They need to find it first . That should be their main focus right now. It would cut down their work latter if there were less strays and less dogs being left for dead.
Catherine

I hate to say it but these people sound plain stupid! They should educate themselves better on the problem.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
There is a lot of stupidity in situations like this. 

They have a stray problem so they need to round up the dogs. People have unwanted puppies so they need to encourage them to spay and neuter their dogs.  Instead of chasing down people and ticketing them, invite them to a spay neuter clinic where they can get their dogs fixed at a reduced rate.  

They need to work on positive actions that will help. More inspectors won't do anything if they are not doing something constructive.
Catherine