Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I save her? Sadly no.
That sounds like a real nice set up you have for her. Have you named her yet?

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I have been calling her Mabel. It is a sweet name and she is very nice. I do not know yet if she is doing any better. She is getting food and water and calcium. Now it is a matter of waiting and watching and of course still feeding her until she can eat on her own.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm trying to send good vibes out to her. {{{{{Mabel}}}}}

Poor Mabel. I have been feeding her so she finally passed some poops. It wasn`t easy for her. Her system is not working properly yet, everything was hard and dry.   I hope that means her system is working and food is getting absorbed. It would be a really hopeful sign if she keeps pooping regularly.
Catherine

Yes that is a good sign but can you give her something that would make the poop less hard?

It is hard to give a lizard anything. I did give her more water and calcium and fed her this morning. Tonight I gave her some liquid gecko food. It is not for her kind of gecko, but it would be nourishing. She just wouldn't eat it by  choice.

That all should help. I did wash her anal area so it would be soft.  What matters is whether her gut will work to digest food properly. Her calcium deficiency could have caused serious internal problems. I won't know until she recovers or fails.

I thought she looked a little better today.
Catherine

Sad 
Smiley19 Sadly I couldn't save her. Her digestive system just didn't start to work again. I could get food into her, but she was unable to handle it.   She died a few hours ago.  Poor little Mabel. She was pretty and she liked her set up.  At least she had a happy place to end her life.
Catherine

I'm so sorry Catherine. You did all you could, it was just her time. Here is a virtual hug for you: {{{{{Catherine}}}}}

Thank-you. I feel bad that I couldn't save her, but I was never sure. It all depended on whether she was able to digest food.

She did love the set-up I gave her so her brief time with me was happy.
Catherine

I'm so sorry to hear that Mabel didn't make it. The damage was already too great by the time she came to you.
It's so sad that something as simple as ignorance of the correct as diet can still happen these days.
We should all have to take a test to prove we know enough to care for our creatures.
At least her last days were warm and contended with you.
Sometimes that is the greatest gift you can give.

I hope you and all your creatures are OK and am sending hugs, Piggy and human.

Rest in peace dear Mabel.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/