Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungry Jacks seagull proof chip packages
Quote:By the way, for any American readers, it would appear that this Australian article uses the word "chips" in the same sense as in the UK. In the USA, they are called "French fries". However, that term is a complete misnomer; I know, as I have lived in France for many years. The French would absolutely turn their noses up at American style "French fries". The French call chips "frites" and they are mostly similar to the chunkier UK style "chips".

Sorry for the slight deviation from topic, Catherine.....
You answered some questions, so thank-you. I knew chips were  what we call fries. I wondered about the French Fries part. Fries as we serve them do not seem to be much like French style cooking. 
I like the chunkier style chips. If you use sweet potatoes they are even better.

Gulls are definitely getting more aggressive. They do not ask for food any more. They just take it.
There is a clever gull at the zoo that "works" a particular fast food restaurant. A man put a pizza slice and fries on an outdoor table and went back in for something. The gull flew down, threw the pizza on the ground and ate the fries. When the man came running back the bird was able to retrieve the pizza slice from the ground.

When I was eating lunch, he landed on the table and pushed my water bottle over in  my direction. The joke was on him. I always keep the lid closed so water did not splash all over me. Smiley4   So when he grabbed my pizza slice I was watching him and  I grabbed the other end of it and held on.
He did not get my lunch. Notice that I didn't have any fries in the first place.

I wonder if we have destroyed most of their natural food sources and they now have to steal from us to survive.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hungry Jacks seagull proof chip packages - by Catherine - 07-16-2016, 02:06 PM