Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions
(09-11-2016, 04:29 PM)Catherine Wrote: It seems that the room was over heating when the staff went home on Friday night. The dogs were uncomfortably hot and the heater problem was not fixed. They just put out some fans.

I would question whether they made a serious error of judgement. They knew it was very hot and they were unable to fix the problem. Surely the dogs should have been moved to another part of the building until the problem could be fixed. Perhaps a staff should have been kept on the premises to monitor the situation until something was done.
What a terrible sad thing to happen. Yes my feeling is it could have been avoided.
Yes they made a serious error of judgement. They would rather go home than fix the situation. I coul;d not have walked away and left dogs who were uncomfortably hot. At least I would have had to hang around to see if the fans were making any difference. And if not, would have switched off the heating.

Those dogs were not likely to have died from hypothermia at this time of year. No heating at all would have been better, so long as they all had blankets or soft bedding. Or -like you say Catherine -moved to another part of the building.

It was Friday night and no-one wanted  to stick around. That's why this happened!

Bless all those poor dogs who passed away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs die when kennel heater malfunctions - by Tobi - 09-13-2016, 04:36 AM