Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Matthew's consequences for animals
I hadn't seen or heard the news for many days now. I had no idea about hurricane Matthew!

Factory farms are such a basically terrible idea. Anything which is created against nature has a risk of having tremendous negative impact, not only on those poor animals but other situations too.
They are a pollution risk, which makes me wonder why they were ever designed. The only proper method of waste disposal on ANY farm, is the slurry system, and that has to be well organised well designed and well managed. I observe that system at work regularly on my neighbouring farm and talk to the people about how it is maintained.

Unfortuately the sheer size and waste capacity of these factory farms makes that system impossible to maintain. Making things too big makes things impossible to sustain. Then there is a pollution problem. And extreme weather conditions take it to a tipping-point. I find the whole thing quite horrific.

I feel for the poor animals also.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hurricane Matthew's consequences for animals - by Tobi - 10-19-2016, 11:05 AM