Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No injuries reported!
There was a mix-up in a factory not far from my area. Someone mixed two dangerous acids together and a cloud of acidic gas was released. It took a number of hours to clear and some people had some throat and eye irritations. The report said there were no injuries, but they are only reporting on the people in the area.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...ue&insrc=1

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

What about all the little birds and other wildlife. We will never know how many creatures were hurt. When we see a dead bird in days to come who will link it to the leak. If an animal has its sight damaged who will know. If it suffers pain for the rest of its life will anyone take note. No doubt a number of animals inhaled the gas. Who knows what problems they will suffer.

I just think we are too careless in our use of dangerous materials and we are to self centred to look beyond how something effects us. We need to learn that we are not the only creatures on the planet and what we do can cause great injury to others.
Even if we can't help them we should at least acknowledge that we caused them injury.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well said Catherine. Yes -who will give a thought to the many creatures who cannot even be taken to the vet to help their pain as a result?
We live far too dangerously, and often only think of our own species.
We routinely dump chemicals in rivers and bury toxic waste. That gets into the environment and damages and kills wild creatures. We put out poisons and we ignore that fact that they kill more than the animals we wanted to kill(who gave us the right to kill like that anyhow).

There had to have been birds in the area. There were certainly squirrels.  I just wish one news story would have  asked the question "How many animals were hurt?".

I wonder how many trees were damaged. I am just glad it is late in the year and the monarchs have flown south and the bees are dormant. Would they say no injuries if a thousand bees died?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine