Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man assaulted, dog stolen
This is every pet owners  nightmare. A young man was out walking his dog when some men approached him, threatened and hit him and took his dog.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...se&insrc=1

I just hope that the dog is alright and that somehow they can get Charlie back.
You would think that it is safe to walk a dog in a public park. You would think that you are safe walking because you have a dog.
You would never think that the dog is in danger.

I hope they get Charlie back.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh my goodness! This is terrible! People who do things like that have absolutely no idea how much suffering they are causing, to both the human and the dog. Either that or they put their own selfish ideas of making money from selling a dog, before thinking about the pain involved.
The worst thing that can happen to someone's animal companion is that it is stolen! OK it might have a chance if it is eventually sold to someone who cares. But people can buy dogs from online 'pet sale' websites, and believe the stories that are told about them....such as "I have to let this good dog go to a new home because we are moving" etc They even say they are charging money to make sure the new people really want the dog and will take it seriously!
For some heartless criminals, this has become a business. We have to realise that.

Yes you'd think that taking your dog for a walk in a public place would be a peaceful thing to do, and wouldn't end up like that.

I feel very sorry for this young man and for his dog. I sincerely hope the perpetrator is tracked down and the dog rescued, and returned home.
Oh, this has got to be the worst nightmare imaginable to a dog parent! I worry about this happening. Someone threatening to do this to me but he died (I'm glad). Such a sad story and a Shih Tzu mix! The dog parent must be beside himself. I hope these awful people do not hurt the dog!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They probably did steal the dog to sell it. The story is public now so people will be watching. If someone spots an online ad for the dog they can alert the police. If the dog is taken to a vet the vets will be watching. Even pet food stores are watching for dog thieves. We all hate anyone who would steal a pet like that.

I hope they get him back somehow. Until they are reunited with Charlie they will be desperately worried. The not knowing is the worst. I still can't believe something like this happened in a nice park.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine