Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badger culls in England kill thousands
There is little doubt that unhealthy farming practices are the real problem.  I can't imagine that the cows or bulls have strong immune systems. The way cattle are shipped for sale and exposed to each other is highly dangerous when there is an infectious disease problem. I doubt farmers practice proper quarantine methods when purchasing new cattle.

I wouldn't be surprised if cattle suspected of carrying TB were quickly sold off by a farmer to protect his herd. This would of course spread the disease elsewhere.

I wonder how good they are at record keeping. Can they really trace where a TB cow has come from.

It is unfortunate that badgers are getting TB from infected cattle. Since badgers do not travel great distances by truck it is unlikely that they are the ones spreading the disease.

Since Scotland has contained the problem without hurting the badgers clearly the badgers are not the problem and therefore also not the solution.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Badger culls in England kill thousands - by Catherine - 12-19-2016, 04:27 PM