Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the U.S.!
Quote:o.o The visitors to the zoo can be EATEN??? That's unsettling on a number of levels.
This of course is referring to Zoo Tycoon the computer game. It is unsettling however. Are there people out there who let their guests get eaten. Of course they would soon stop attending the zoo. I played Roller Coaster Tycoon and we built a killer roller coaster, it totally crashed and burned on the test runs. After we fixed it, the little computer people still would not ride the thing because they saw it crash and burn.
Something must be built into the program to sort things out and keep it nice.

Quote:Ummmm, that's a good question Smiley13!
I don't know exactly as there has been nothing for me to do since we made the change Smiley4. Every time I've been here everything has looked just fine.
Maybe we scared them all off by assigning a SuperMod Smiley17 Smiley16

Maybe we sound too much on top of things. If you prevent spam just by being the SuperMod then that is a job well done. You are without a doubt the best SuperMod we have ever had.18
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Mama Bear (AnimalFamily) and I are laughing so hard right now. xDDDD That whole post was awesome.

I've done that with the killer coaster too!! Although I make a lot of custom coasters and for some reason the people will never ride them. XD They get to the entrance of the ride, do this weird little jump, and run away. I also didn't know that most roller coasters require a lift hill, so a lot of rides just ended up stuck at the first incline....
Now, on Zoo Tycoon...please tell me the people don't just wander into the enclosures if they're not fenced off properly?
Also, on the Sims 2 I used to amuse Mom by getting all of my characters in a room dancing horribly and without any choreography. xD They looked like they were all just spazzing out to different tunes.

SuperMod: striking fear into the hearts of spammers with her bright pink name!!
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Oh my gosh I love the Sims 3 and zoo tycoon, and roller coaster tycoon. I'm somewhat of a mean person in the gaming world though. So I'll purposely make killer coasters to send people flying off or shoot into water and drown. In Zoo Tycoon I would delete the fence to send the tigers, lions, bears, yeti... running into the crowed. In the the sims 3 I'm sure my Sims hate me most days. They wont let me anymore but I used to crate families with one adult a teen and a toddler then I would move the adult out so the teen had to get a job to care for the toddler. I'm not always that mean though. I just have my moments.
I have the the Sims 3 pets too. I'm a master at horse breeding, training, racing, and selling them for money. I wish there was a way to make money off the dogs and cats too. In the first Sims the dogs could have jobs. That was cool. Also in the Sims 2 pets (the single version where it's only the pets. I never got the actual Sim 2. I skipped over it to 3.) the dogs could have jobs in that one too. But not in 3 for some reason. I miss it. It would be cool if you could even keep cows, sheep, llamas (they are all about llamas) and other animals. And be able to train the dogs to herd. And if your sim was police or fireman then their dog could work along side them. I like that the Sims age now. That was one annoying thing about the first Sims. if you had a kid they would forever be a kid and if they were ever left home alone oh my gosh watch out for the social worker. Now that's only the case for the babies and toddlers, children and teens can run all over town by themselves without a problem until curfew anyway.
Quote:I've done that with the killer coaster too!! Although I make a lot of custom coasters and for some reason the people will never ride them. XD They get to the entrance of the ride, do this weird little jump, and run away. I also didn't know that most roller coasters require a lift hill, so a lot of rides just ended up stuck at the first incline....
Now, on Zoo Tycoon...please tell me the people don't just wander into the enclosures if they're not fenced off properly?
Also, on the Sims 2 I used to amuse Mom by getting all of my characters in a room dancing horribly and without any choreography. xD They looked like they were all just spazzing out to different tunes.

SuperMod: striking fear into the hearts of spammers with her bright pink name!!

Our local Science Centre did a big display on Roller Coasters/G Forces. It was awesome, but it gave me ideas. My cars basically launched from the tracks and traveled a long way before they came down.[Image: smiley-whacky097.gif] Naming the roller coaster Crash and Burn was a bit of a mistake as far as public relations go, but it sure described the results. I may have found a new way to put things into orbit.[Image: greensmilies-011.gif]

If you don't finish the fences in Zoo Tycoon the animals get out and eat people.[Image: greensmilies-008.gif] I also did a waterfall between two pens and did not fence it properly and had animals escaping into other pens. The animals can eat each other as well. My lemurs were breeding so fast that I couldn't release them to the wild as fast as they could produce more lemurs. I think these games have built in glitches to get you if you do something wrong. The programmers have a sense of humor.Smiley4

The Sims are too funny some times. The dancing thing is weird, they do look funny. The baby thing is odd, you never know when you are going to be given a baby option or an adoption option. The timing is often very bad. If you miss two days of work you lose the job. If you leave the baby alone you lose the baby. It takes three days to raise a kid so I figured out that if each parent alternates taking a day off work they can raise the kid and not lose a good job. But some kids are really ugly and are not good at anything and require a lot of work to keep them from being removed. It is a tough game. If you forget to put stairs in your swimming pool the Sim can drown.
We all know about the smoke detector.

Have you ever had the school buses and work cars all stuck because of a cat on the road. And if you forget to water them the flowers all die.

In Ski Resort Tycoon there is a Yeti that eats the Skiers if they end up in the woods. Smiley4

The Yeti is only slightly less dangerous than Super Mod, the scourge of spammers.[Image: spamani.gif][Image: trolls.gif]
Catherine

I did not know there is a Sims 3. I am behind on everything. I also did not realize the pets could work on the earlier Sims. How did I miss that?
I love the complexity of the games. There are glitches and short cuts. It is always better to discover the short cuts than the glitches.Smiley4

Sims 3 has horses? Wow. That adds a complication, but it would also be interesting. I must look into getting Sims 3.
Catherine

o.o

The Pets games look SOOO cool!! You've got some awesome ideas for that, Libby. Farm Sims! That would add a whole new dynamic to it. And just think, baby sheep and llamas and such! I have no idea why llamas are such a big part of the Sims...it almost has to be an inside joke amongst the creators of the game.

You guys get creative with the Tycoons, haha. Hmmmmm, it would be interesting to know how far you can get one to go flying, yeah?

There are indeed a lot of ways to mess up on video games, it seems. I used to have my Sims go out and stargaze while lying on the lawn...but they kept getting killed by falling satellites!! [Image: smiley-shocked011.gif]

That's a good strategy for taking care of the kids, Catherine.It can be tricky to work that out. Also.
"But some kids are really ugly and are not good at anything and require a lot of work to keep them from being removed."

That gave me a chuckle. ^

The guests on Zoo Tycoon can be really finicky. And they're kinda slobs. xD
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
I just saw a thing where they are coming out with the Sims 4! Maybe they will have farm animals for that one! They have chickens in 3 they just don't walk around. They stay around the hen house. You can argue with the evil rooster though! It's funny Smile The Sims 3 is so much fun I only have a few of the expansion packs like pets, world adventures, ambitions, and supernatural. But the first sims was very glitchy and it seemed like every time I turned around one of my Sims was dying. But in 3 its a lot more flexible. I remember setting up the first one if you didn't do it a certain way it wouldn't work. And the expansion packs had to be loaded in order which was very annoying. Which isn't the case with 3. They are always coming up with new downloads to fix all the bugs. I had a mother get stuck while she was trying to teach her toddler how to talk. She wouldn't get up and ended dying of starvation. But since then Ive never had that happen again. I think they took that out now though. I noticed the last update they made so adults couldn't move out if there was a teen. So I tried the killing by staving method by locking the guy in a room with no doors. Get just peed on himself and got really mad. I finally let him out and when the teen was an adult I move the temporary guy out.
The horses are really cool and they have all kinds of breeds. I wish though that once you were in the game and playing you could buy specific breeds the only time you can choose is when you are creating a family. After that you have to get mix breeds or hope that the adoption agency randomly gets one. This is making me want to play.
Quote:There are indeed a lot of ways to mess up on video games, it seems. I used to have my Sims go out and stargaze while lying on the lawn...but they kept getting killed by falling satellites!! [Image: smiley-shocked011.gif]
I really need to get the newer versions. I have not had satellites falling.
Quote:The Pets games look SOOO cool!! You've got some awesome ideas for that, Libby. Farm Sims! That would add a whole new dynamic to it. And just think, baby sheep and llamas and such! I have no idea why llamas are such a big part of the Sims...it almost has to be an inside joke amongst the creators of the game.
I think all the games have inside jokes. Software people seem to have a funny side. Look at my registration date, Jan 1970, there was no internet then. I should know, I was there. Even Pac man games did not happen until 1980.
Why Llamas?

It must be my personality, I feel the need to be polite to my Sims. I wouldn't want to upset them or hurt their feelings. If they do not like the colour I paint a house, I change it.
Step on a Canadian's toe and he will apologize to you. It is what we do best.Angel
Catherine

Evil rooster? o.o That sounds worrying, haha. The horses sound really cool though. I've really wanted to try the Pets and Supernatural packs. Though I am still on Sims 2. I once had a character whose Aspiration meter bottomed out, and I caught her periodically dancing around with a lampshade on her head (it was decorated with a Sharpie smiley face). I've taken a lot of video of the odd things that Sims do. I also recently started experimenting with the body shop and found that I can use my new image editor to make custom skin, hair, and eye colors, as well as change colors and patterns on clothing. It's quite fun. Smile I may or may not be attempting to make a town full of blue skinned people with two-tone eyes. Tongue

Hahaha true! I don't entirely know how your registration date ended up that way, but it's sort of a cool little glitch. I knew someone whose computer had scheduled a task for the 1890's.
Hmmm, maybe they chose llamas because they're somewhat peculiar creatures?

"Step on a Canadian's toe and he will apologize to you." Is that an actual Canadian colloquialism or something? Because I've heard other Canadians says almost exactly that, haha
Quote:"Step on a Canadian's toe and he will apologize to you." Is that an actual Canadian colloquialism or something? Because I've heard other Canadians says almost exactly that, haha
It is not a colloquialism. We actually do it. Some guy stepped on my toe and I said, I'm sorry. Sometimes I say excuse me under those circumstances. It is the way we are.

I think the registration date is intentional. 1970 is the year they started linking computers together. It is the birth of the internet.

I need to get Sims 2. Of course you have other software if you can create blue people. Shades of Avatar. Blue works well, but wouldn't green people look more natural?
Catherine